on this subject
What to Expect?
At IOS, we will expect you and your family be involved in your care and recovery. From the time it is decided that you need services at IOS, education will be provided and participation by you and your support system as an active member of the healthcare team will be part of the care process. We also would like to be made aware of any concerns that you may have about your care, your safety or the environment of care. We want your experience to be one of active communication about your care, surgery, and services that you receive at IOS.
We feel that your involvement will assist us in:
- Making sure all health care information is correct and complete.
- Ensuring treatment plans are appropriate and deliver the desired results.
- Quickly identifying any side effects and/ or adverse events and performing the appropriate interventions.
- Verify that your home medications are what you and how you routinely take them at home before taking them.
Our goal as healthcare providers will be to:
- Provide a thorough explanation of the care, treatment and services, risks involved, and what to look for after certain procedures or courses of treatment to you as the patient and your family/support system.
- Educate you and your family about the side effects of prescribed medicines and to immediately report any side effects that you may experience.
- Encourage you to ask for the results of their tests. Be involved and be a partner in your care.
- Encourage you to ask questions, report any suspected errors or issues about care delivered.
Patient Satisfaction Survey
Upon discharge you will receive a patient satisfaction survey and a pre-paid return envelope to complete and return. Please be sure to complete and mail this form so we can strive to make continual improvements for the best outcomes for all our patients.
...back to Post-Op Care