on this subject
Pre-Admission Testing and Pre-op Clearance
At the INSTITUTE FOR ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY (IOS), we believe your time
is important. That's why we make pre-admission testing easy and convenient
with all pre-surgery testing done at one facility in as little time as possible.
Pre-Op Testing Made Easy
- Arrive at the INSTITUTE FOR ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY and enter
through the Main Entrance automatic doors, go into the first door on
your right (surgery registration/lab work).
- Go to Registration window. Registration personnel will assist you with
- Complete lab work (on-site).
- Go to the Radiology Department (on-site) to have a chest x-ray.
- Proceed to the Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) Clinic (on-site) where a nurse will conduct the patient's history and conduct your EKG. If you are a total joint patient, you will be screened for Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus or MRSA, a type of infection.
- You will the be seen by a physician from the internal medicine group, Physicians Inc., who are on the IOS Medical Staff as medical consultants.
- The physician will do a physical examination as part of your pre-op clearance for surgery.
Based upon your test results and physical findings, the internist will give clearance, to proceed with surgery or order further testing prior to surgery.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Marian Raines, RN, at 419-224-7586
...back to Getting Ready for Surgery